An award for a single published article, popular or scholarly, that is an outstanding contribution to the understanding of communal societies, published within the previous two years. The article need not have appeared in the journal Communal Societies, or have been peer reviewed.
Recommendations should include
- A statement of support indicating how the publication represents an outstanding contribution to the understanding of communal societies.
June 1st of the award year.
- Any person or group is eligible for an award, but nominators must be members of the organization.
- Members may nominate their own projects or publications.
- Award Committee members are not eligible.
- Projects and publications must have been completed within the previous two calendar years prior to the award year. In addition, projects and publications completed by the nomination deadline for the current award year are also eligible. Thus, for the 2019 awards, projects and publications completed in 2017, 2018, and early 2019 eligible.
- Submitted materials become the property of the CSA, unless return is requested and an envelope with return postage is provided.
- Recommendations may be described or reviewed in any CSA publication without specific permission.
- Recommendation forms should be submitted to the Awards Committee Chair by the deadline indicated below.
Recipients will be announced at the annual fall conference and will receive a plaque honoring their accomplishments.